How to Add Music to BeReal with New Spotify Integration Feature

In a world full of filtered posts and edited pictures, BeReal is a social media platform that encourages people to be true to themselves. The app, created three years ago by a French firm, makes users take a picture of themselves at a random time every day and post it.

The app has already become quite famous among people and to make things more exciting, Spotify has stepped up to collaborate with the platform. Users can now add music to their posts on BeReal. Read on to know how you can do so.

How to Add Music to Your BeReal Post?

You can add Spotify music to your BeReal posts by following the below simple steps:

• Connect your Spotify and BeReal accounts by either tapping on the music icon that will be displayed before you post your picture or video on BeReal. Or, you can go to Settings in the BeReal app and tap on Music. There, you will find the option to connect your account to Spotify.
  • Once the two accounts are connected, BeReal will automatically get the song that you are listening to on Spotify at the time of capturing your photo on the app. The cover art of the track will be shown at the bottom of the camera lens.
  • And that’s it. You will find the track playing in the background once you make the post on BeReal. You will also get to listen to a preview of the music your friends are listening to.
  • When will the Feature be Available?

The feature started rolling out on April 19th. It is currently available on Android and iOS and in the countries US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, and Australia. Spotify and BeReal will launch it in more regions in the coming weeks.

“Spotify was built for moments of everyday inspiration, discovery, and interactivity. It also creates the playlist for your everyday life. BeReal is designed to capture and share authentic moments in your daily life with your closest friends,” Spotify said in its press release.

“Combining audio from Spotify with BeReal adds another layer of authentic personalization and connection to your BeReal. We’re proud of this integration within the BeReal platform. We’re constantly finding new ways to bring Spotify to more people, and helping fans, artists, and communities connect through audio around the world,” it read further.

Meme Fest Sparked on Social Media

The Spotify-BeReal collaboration has resulted in hilarious memes on social media. While many users have appreciated the music feature on BeReal, others are cracking jokes about it. “bereal connecting to spotify…everyone’s about to find out I listen to the same 3 songs,” wrote a user.

Another tweeted, “the bereal/spotify update is one i kinda love but now i need to be listening to good music All The Time.” A user also wrote, “what I have learned about my friends on BeReal. since the Spotify update: None of you ever listen to music ever.” Another penned, “I haven’t used BeReal in months but tbh the Spotify thing would be cool.”

So go ahead and try the feature yourself. And stay tuned for more news and updates.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7rbjAp5ylpJmdsrOty51lnKedZH5xhZVon6ivXam8bq3DnWSmraOesG7AzmaZnqqVlrluw8itn2amlax6tLzOraCfsV2eu7WxxquYraGfo3qnscCtrKudXw%3D%3D