Maria Shriver unrecognizable in new photos in Santa Monica Aumag The Talks Today

Maria Shriver has been snapped looking almost unrecognizable in Santa Monica, California.

The former wife of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Shriver’s face looked noticeably different from the past few years as she was spotted visiting the site where she has a new home under construction.

Dressed casually in leggings and a t-shirt, and wearing a barrette to keep her famously long locks out of her face, the smiling 66-year-old was photographed on the street as she returned to her car.

Camera iconMaria Shriver is seen in Santa Monica looking noticeably different. Credit: London Entertainment / SplashNew/London Entertainment / SplashNew

Shriver is an award-winning journalist and the niece of former US President John F Kennedy.

Currently on a month-long hiatus from writing her weekly column and her work at NBC, she revealed in a Twitter post that she’s taking August off to “reflect on what I’m doing and why.”

“It allows me to look at everything on my plate and look for breathing space. It has given me the chance to restart. I hope you too can find some time to reboot,” she wrote.

If you would like to view this content, please adjust your Cookie settings.

To find out more about how we use cookies, please see our Cookie guide.

Shriver’s divorce from Schwarzenegger was finalized in December, ten years after she first asked to end her then 25-year marriage to the action star and former California governor.

The couple married in 1986, but Shriver filed for divorce in 2011 after Schwarzenegger revealed he had fathered a child with a member of their household staff years earlier.

The child, Joseph Baena, is now in his mid-20s.

Their high-profile split was complicated by a property settlement agreement. The details of the deal have remained confidential throughout the process, but it is reported to have been worth around $400 million.

Shriver is the daughter of Eunice Kennedy Shriver, who was the sister of President John F. Kennedy, and of Sargent Shriver, the first head of the Peace Corps and a 1972 vice presidential candidate.

Shriver and Schwarzenegger had four children together. The eldest, Katherine Schwarzenegger, is a writer who is married to actor Chris Pratt.

ncG1vNJzZmismJrBorjKrKuonJGue6S7zGikmqqZlnq0tNGirZ6qXaq7s7HCqJ6noaqWr62xjKKlZqaVrHqxtM6tpqxlmaN6tK3NrZhmpZ%2BjtqStjJqsppmXZA%3D%3D