Marina Sirtis Leaves America for the UK Weeks after Her Controversial Texas Tweet

Today

In February 2021, Star Trek: Next Generation actress Marina Sirtis steered controversy over her tweets about Texans. Now, the actress has said her final goodbye to America.

On February 19, 2021, Sirtis came under fire after she expressed her opinion about the rough times Texans have been going through in a tweet. In her opinion, their voting choice is to blame for the chaos.  

Texans faced a brutal winter storm, coldest temperatures, and massive power rages.

Don’t get me wrong, my heart bleeds for what Texans are going through right now but the mean girl in me says you get the government you deserve and they have voted Republican, across the board, for the last 20 years. #BetoForGovernor — Marina Sirtis (@Marina_Sirtis) February 18, 2021

The netizens were furious over the actress' insensitive tweet. They took to Twitter to express their disappointment with many asking Sirtis to apologize. However, the actress defended herself in her follow-up tweets. 

People are suffering because of a total lack of preparedness by the Republicans in Texas. My words are not making these people suffer. The politicians are. https://t.co/lvv1iv2whV — Marina Sirtis (@Marina_Sirtis) February 18, 2021

In one of the tweets, the actress opined people are suffering because of politicians and the lack of action plans by the government rather than her words. 

The English-American actress made headlines again after declaring she is waving goodbye to America in a March 1 tweet.

Sirtis shared a masked photo of herself she clicked inside an airplane. "Goodbye America," she wrote. 

In a tweet she shared on January 20, 2021, the actress announced she was leaving because her work is more UK-based. 

Breaking news! I am moving back to the UK. Before you all jump to the wrong conclusions, it is because apart from Picard,all my work in the last 3 years has come from the UK. Having spent half my life here, it will be hard to leave. I hope I made a difference — Marina Sirtis (@Marina_Sirtis) January 19, 2021

ncG1vNJzZmign6G5usPOqJummaOge6S7zGiYnKyfp8BwucCroKeZXai2s8DIrGSlnZGrsrR5wKacq6GTlnqnu9Fmq6GdXaq4bsPEnqKsZZGbwaa%2BjJymp6yipMOmvtKimKVlpKyypsCMq5ygmaKZtq%2BzjK2csZmjY7W1ucs%3D