Journalist T.J. Holmes Takes Two-Day Break After On-Air Disagreement with Amy Robach

It is rare for T.J. Holmes and Amy Robach to argue. However, one-half of the couple turns to a peculiar coping mechanism when they disagree.

The former co-anchors of GMA3: What You Need to Know, Amy & T.J., talked about how they handle arguments, or what they called “hiccups,” when they happen roughly once a week in their most recent podcast episode.

“I am terrible at this. I do not yell, I do not scream, and I do nothing. I do not become hostile or use derogatory language. Nothing, but I will check it out,” the 46-year-old Holmes said. “You do not have to apologize to me. You do not have to assist me. I need to get over it, and I am working to improve at doing so more quickly.”

Holmes, however, finds it annoying that Robach takes so long to apologize.

“It makes me insane. Why? Since ‘I apologize’ arrives a full day later,” he went on. “At that precise moment, we have the choice to proceed in one of two directions. It is how you respond that matters the most.  ” And I am out if you go that route. I am finished and signed out for the day.

Robach, on the other hand, expressed her dislike of Holmes’ propensity to stew for an extended amount of time—typically two days.

“It is a minimum of two days,” she stated. “I would rather have him reprimand me than be cut off for two days. I’m like, I don’t know what to say, what to do, or what he thinks.” 

Fortunately, there does not seem to be any impact on the couple’s relationship from these weekly “hiccups.” In the podcast episode from last week, Robach and Holmes talked about getting married.

“It is being thought about,” said 50-year-old Robach. “This was not a casual dating relationship that we started to see what would happen or for fun. Our intention when we started this relationship was to live out the rest of our lives together. Thus, whether or not it has a legal button, I am not sure what kind it is.”

The former co-anchors of GMA3: What You Need to Know, Robach continued, are not in a rush to get married, though. 

“We are not racing to or rushing towards it, as we have both been married twice before,” she clarified. “I understand that there is a reason I cannot even begin to explain, but even though I say I want to spend the rest of my life with you, there is something else. It’s on the table. 

Holmes, on the other hand, acknowledged that part of his desire to get married was due to the difference in their ages. 

“One of the main reasons I want to marry you is that I am 46 and you are 50. Furthermore, I am tired of calling a 50-year-old woman my girlfriend. That just sounds stupid,” he said.

“I appreciate you pointing out the age gap,” Robach chuckled.

Neither Robach nor Holmes had officially announced their split from their spouses, actor Andrew Shue and attorney Marilee Fiebig, when rumors of their office romance first broke in November 2022. But according to a previous report, both couples split up in August 2022.

The couple revealed that they were aware that “something else was evolving” between them in the summer of 2022 in last week’s podcast episode.  

We skirted the subject, and I was reluctant to speak up. As last summer went on, things started to change, and we had conversations even though you did not want to say anything,” he said.

Robach claimed that they were “spending so much time together at work.” “We did not want it to end,” she continued.

ncG1vNJzZmiolZq9tMPIs2Wcp51kwbd7yaisq6aRoba0wIytZKNlmKS5rrHSZquao5WoerXDzmabmrFdl7%2BmrcpmmJ%2Bslad6sLqMmqCrZZSewKKz0Z6cpp2eqXq4tdOhZJqlqWK%2FsK7AnJ9o